Thursday, January 17, 2008

Taking a break... from sleeping


Another fun thing about having kids is that sleep goes on a vacation... and sometimes it feels like it'll never return.

Just to sketch the scenario: we have two girls, one aged 4 months and one aged 2 and a half years. Sleep in our house (at least as done by me, as my husband would sleep through an explosion once he falls asleep) is pretty much non-existent in units of more than 1 hour at a time. And the horrible thing is, it's the older one that's having the trouble. I get up 3 times for her for every one time I get up for the baby.

The sad thing is, there was a time not so long ago when I thought she’d start sleeping through... and then she got chickenpox about 5 months ago, and ever since then her sleeping and mine have been demolished.

She wakes, crying, on average 6 to 12 times a night (from 7pm to 6 am). I’m going nucking futs here, and so is she! Any suggestions? Because pretty soon I’m going to go crazy!

No comments: