Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Show me the funny


Much as I'd like to post something funny, tonight I just can't seem to find the funny anywhere. It must be hiding somewhere behind the alcohol bottles, obscured from view by the damage the content of said bottles can cause.

Now, despite what you may have read or heard on the news and in your local papers, I don't drink. At all. But I don't have a problem with people who do. Free world, I say. Enjoy.

However, when someone drinks most of the day everyday, I become... edgy. Especially if it's someone close to our family. And when said person tends to become violent and a complete idiot when sufficient amounts of alcohol is imbibed, I have a SERIOUS problem. Call me old-fashioned, but there it is.

Now, today, the reason for this problem I have with the seriously inebriated has surfaced yet again: quite plainly, they make life hell for the rest of us. Were said person to seek help, that would have been a different story all together... I of all people know that you can't just say "Quit drinking" to some people, just like you can't just say "Feel better" to me or anyone else suffering from depression. However, this person has had numerous opportunities to avail themselves to help, but chose not to. Help was even arranged for them, but this person just didn't want to do it.

Now we're sitting with the mess, and it's hurting our family and the people dear to me and I hate hate HATE it.

No comments: