Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Letters from the edge of the known universe

Hah. Can I tell you a story of drugs, anger, one husband almost loosing what I'm sure he'd consider to be essential equipment, the trauma....

Wait, let me start at the beginning. After a long, well-deserved rest, I am back and blogging. Lots to blog about tonight, sadly, lacking the incentive to do so. Tired tired tired.

Wait, this is a long story.

After weeks of procrastination by my darling husband, I finally got him to commit that we'd be starting our 8-week pre-natal classes tonight. Hubby says ok, I've been nagging since March, but whatever.

So then it turns out that there are no more classes! The ladies presenting it are going on holliday and will resume only in August. Now, my due date is mid-August, and these are the only classes in my area, so basically, I'm screwed.

I feel so angry at my dh. If we could have started when I asked him, in JANUARY, we wouldn't be having this problem!

What makes me that saddest is that I was really looking forward to meeting other moms-to-be, since I don't know any! *Wail wail*

So, upon hearing that classes only resume in August, and that it's due to my dh that we still hadn't joined, I was FURIOUS and took some calming pills that my psychiatrist game me for situations like that. Now I'm feeling less angry, but very tired and groggy, which is the point, I guess.

Well, it seems like, having failed again and again, as I have, should not be seen as failure by these bold astronomers: They claim to have found another planet with very earth-like characteristics, and are convinced that finding a planet like earth is just a matter of time.

Good, I say, for then we can move Micheal Jackson to that planet and have world peace once more.

No comments: